House Painting Costs
Our house painting costs are accurately estimated following our in-home consultation with you. We are happy give you some guidelines here, because an informed consumer is a great customer. We understand this is an investment – in the beauty of your home as well as extending the life of your siding.
Get a free on-site estimate of house painting costs
for the interior or exterior of your home
Call 407-928-7388 today
There are a lot of variables in exterior painting:
House size and paint quality affect house painting costs.
- A major consumer website estimates that a 3000 square foot home requires 15 gallons of paint and often more.
- Exterior paint can be found for $25 a gallon at the very low end, and up to $100 a gallon for premium paint.
- Cheaper paint may not save you much in house painting costs, because it can require two or more coats, increasing your labor costs.
- Primer adds to costs, but the benefits in durability and finish are significant.
- The consumer website advises that you buy the best quality of paint your budget allows, because it will last longer: an average house may need repainting every 5 to 7 years; cheap paint starts to fade and peel after only 4 years.
- An average single story three bedroom house will cost less to re-paint than a two-story or multi-level home.
Prepping the surface is a major variable in house painting costs:
It takes an average of four to five days for the entire process, most of which is prep time. Actually, the painting itself is fairly quick.
- The surface must be clean to allow the paint to adhere properly. All loose paint must go, either by scraping or with pressure washing. Washed siding must be allowed to dry.
- We will use bleach or commercial products to remove mildew.
- Caulking is very important. All seams, corners, window edges and trim must be re-sealed after old caulk has been removed.
- We use an epoxy filler to repair serious flaws in the surface.
- Some sanding will be needed, and we really recommend priming.
Changing from a light to a dark color or vice versa means more coats of paint and can add at least 25 percent to an estimate; it takes more coats of paint.
House painting costs for interior projects
A general estimate would be very misleading for “inside jobs”. Once you have received your in-home, personal consultation, you’ll get a much more specific time frame. We do on-site estimates to ensure accuracy, and we hope you will be wary of phone estimates. Honestly, how could they know sight unseen?
Variables in interior house painting costs: How much paint will you need? Whether we are painting one room or several, it depends on our measurements of the size of the rooms, and our assessment of how many coats must be applied.
Preparing the room goes beyond preparation of the surface of the walls and ceilings
- Furniture needs to be removed or adequately covered.
- Electrical outlet and switch plates need to be removed.
- Any wall repairs need to be done before the first paint brush touches any wall.
- The ceiling is painted first.
- The painting itself is most often a combination of rolling and brushing, for an even final appearance.
- Cleanup is part of our deal. The job isn’t finished until the only evidence we were there is the outstanding new coat of paint.
House painting costs can surprise you with the affordability
Call 407-928-7388 now for a free estimate
We estimate house painting costs in Orlando and nearby areas.